Pixel Bakery is hiring an intern for front-end web developer. Want to make custom, high-tailored websites for awesome clients? When we say awesome clients, we mean it. We don’t take on boring ones as a policy. We don’t buy templates; we don’t use Divi. All of our web projects are open-sourced under a GNU GPLv3.0 License.
- Design, build and maintain websites using the appropriate coding and scripting languages, content management tools, and other related software applications.
- Write, design, or edit web page content, perform website updates as needed and write code for websites or web applications.
- Work with management, development, information technology, marketing, product development, and other stakeholders to prioritize project needs, develop content, select solutions, and resolve conflicts.
- Ensure the code is valid, properly structured, and compatible with multiple browsers, mobile devices, and operating systems
- Identify issues discovered by testing and feedback from internal and external clients and correct problems, or refer them to the appropriate teams for resolution.
- Collaborate with teams on website plans, such as budgets, performance requirements, equipment, or legal issues, including privacy and accessibility
- Document style guidelines for website content and implement procedures for ongoing website revision and maintenance
- Communicate with information technology or network staff and any external website hosting services to address software or hardware issues that are affecting website performance and availability
What We Expect From a Web Developer
- Must be currently enrolled as a senior at a university or college, or have graduated within the past 6 months.
- The belief that the code isn’t the secret sauce, you and your creative approach are.
- A Mobile-First approach to design
- Understanding of Bootstrap
- Comprehensive understanding of UI/UX design
- The ability to self-teach and problem solve
- Great attention to detail
- Knowledge of PHP and WordPress
- Associate’s degree or higher in web design or related field
- Project management skills
- An understanding of how the back-end works
- Digital Ocean for hosting
- CyberPanel for server admin & management
- PHP 4.7/5.x and Bootstrap 4.x/5.x for static sites
- WordPress for dynamic sites
- Frequently Implemented JS Dependencies:
- Github for version control
- Local Dev Environment:
Sound Good? Sounds Good.Apply Right Meow Back to Careers